Its that time of year, time to sign up for Discovery AfterSchool! We are accepting registration appointments for the Spring 2015 Semester of our Discovery AfterSchool Program. Please call us today to set up your appointment: 860-685-7871.
Registration is almost over, we’ll sign up kids until next Thursday, January 29th! We specifically have slots available for elementary students in the red classes below – Capoeira, Art Around the World, Choreography, and Sign Language. We also have space in the unique college experience class for middle school students, Wesleyan Bound.
The Spring Semester runs from January 26 – May 8, 2015.
Here is the diverse list of available classes for the spring. Don’t forget to sign up for homework help Mondays-Thursdays too.
- African Drumming (Grades 3-8 on Thursdays)
- Art and Food (Grades 1-3 on Fridays)
- Art and Science (Grades 6-8 on Mondays, Grades 1-3 on Tuesdays)
- Art Around the World (Grades 1-3 on Thursdays, Grades 3-5 on Fridays)
- Beginning Breakdance (Grades 1-3 on Mondays)
- Beginning Hip Hop (Grades 1-3 on Fridays)
- Capoeira (Grades 1-3 on Thursdays, Grades 3-5 on Wednesdays)
- Choreography (Grades 3-5 on Thursdays)
- Chorus (Grades 1-5 on Fridays)
- Computer Art (Grades 1-3 on Wednesdays, Grades 3-5 on Thursdays)
- Environmental Art (Grades 1-3 on Wednesdays)
- Exploring the River (Grades 3-5 on Fridays)
- Improv Theater (Grades 3-8 on Wednesdays)
- Intermediate Breakdance (Grades 3-8 on Wednesdays)
- Intermediate Hip Hop (Grades 3-8 on Tuesdays)
- Kids in the Kitchen (Grades 6-8 on Thursdays)
- Multimedia Art (Grades 6-8 on Mondays)
- Musical Mentoring (Grades 1-5 on Mondays and Tuesdays): During these lessons with a Wesleyan University student musician (often on a one-on-one basis), children will study a musical instrument. Students will be allowed to borrow an instrument to practice at home– at no extra cost! After a rich, semester-long musical experience, many students will participate in a recital performance.
- Picasso and Math (Grades 3-5 on Tuesdays)
- Science Club (Grades 1-3 on Thursdays)
- Simple Stylin’ Fashion Design (Grades 3-5 on Mondays, Grades 6-8 on Wednesdays)
- Sign Language (Grades 1-3 on Tuesdays)
- Wesleyan Bound (Grade 6-8 on Fridays): This class exposes students to the college experience via weekly visits to Wesleyan University. Students meet student leaders, tour science labs and art galleries, and more.
- Yoga (Grades 1-3 on Mondays)
There is a non-refundable $25 registration fee. For program fees, we do have financial assistance for those who qualify. For any questions, please call our front desk.